Monday, June 11, 2012

Pompei & Napoli



















We decided it was important we visit Pompeii and take a visit to Napoli and have the best pizza in the world!
When we arrived to Naples train station we decided we should probably go to Pompeii first and then come back to Naples and eat din din. I noticed a man at a little stand giving out some books, and what I made out of of his sign was that it was international history week, or something like that so i went up to him and grabbed a book and looked through the book and realized today we could get into Pompeii and other sites for FREE if we made it there before 12 pm. We made our way to Pompeii! I was ecstatic, because who doesn't like free things in life? Only 3.60 euro round trip! (+ 1.20 euro ea.) We ended up buying a ticket for our way back because we didn't realize the first ticket was a round trip :/ don't you hate it when that happens? haha, but we still saved a lot from not having to pay an entrance fee to Pompeii. This day was one of the most amazing, beautiful days in Italy. SUNSHINE. Not a dirty cloud in the sky, well at least not a rain cloud. We spent several hours there and even ran into some fellow Idahoans, sporting their Boise State gear. 









We really only spent about an hour tops in Napoli. We are bad tourists... We really were there for pizza. Because I love pizza sooooo much. There were actually places i wanted to go and see but we didn't want to get back to Rome too late so we made some sacrifices. I had the Marinara pizza and tan the Margherita. I will admit mine was the better of the two! And yes, this is the pizza place from Eat, Pray, Love. Ever since the read the book I knew this was a must eat!

No comments: